- gather a statistically significant group with a
Chinese Restaurant Syndrome
MSGSymptom Complex diagnosis (very difficult considering HIPAA in the U.S.).. This can work wrt privacy if patients voluntarily enter their data into an information system, and if that data is scrubbed of Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
- lobby to improve labeling enforcement for
QSR, packaged and frozen foods (ref. hot dogs, cold cuts, frozen pizza, frozen meals, delivery pizza, etc)
- produce and distribute a field test kit which tests for the quantity of MSG and related compounds in a wet or dry sample.
- build, operate, and maintain an information system that tracks processed food products, their UPC labels if available, and whether or not the item has MSG in it (determined via lab testing and personal experience) and if MSG is on the label or, in the case of a QSR or family dining restaurant (chain or single), clearly on their nutrition guide and/or menu.
- conduct scientific tests to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Talcum Powder and Ovarian Cancer are not linked
- test to find out how long MSG stays in the body (cumulative?)
- test to find out how long free glutamic acid stays in the body (cumulative too?)
- compare the chemistry of 'gluten', 'glutamate', and 'manufactured free glutamic acid'
- find out the soluability of MSG.
- partner with universities and enterprise to test samples and submit results to the information system
- earn a healthy long term grant (10+ years)
- lobby to change regs at
- all restaurants and processed food manufacturers must clearly disclose an accurate quantity of MSG and in what menu items so the consumer can make an informed choice.
- the new regs must be strictly enforced with regular field testing using "secret shoppers" (ref: consumer reports) and effective penalties for non-compliance, not limited to "online shaming"
- MSG and related compounds must be shown as an accurate quantity alongside sodium, sugar, etc
- update this website regularly with new compounds used for flavor enhancement and other useful information